Jesus Says

"...If God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you." John 12:28 NLT
Let us get up early and go to the vineyards to see if the grapevines have budded, if the blossoms have opened, and if the pomegranates have bloomed. There I will give you my love. Songs of Songs 6:12 NLT

Sunday, May 29, 2011

I Love the Smell of Hedgebushes in the Morning

Praise the LORD, O my soul...who satisfies your desires with good things.  Psalm 103:1,5

When I step out my back door on a balmy, Southern spring day the scent of sweet hedges accost my senses and I am almost overcome by the heady smell.  I have no clue what these bushes are really called but in my neck of the woods we call them hedgebushes.  They are prolific in the South and most people consider them a nuisance.  But not I.  I love the delicate blooms and sweet flowers on these otherwise mundane shrubs. 

You can smell them from daylight to dark and the scent is truly heaven "sent." If you let them grow they actually become quite large trees or they can be sculpted the way you trim crepe myrtles. I imagine walking with the Lord in the cool of the evening, talking to Him as together we enjoy the beauty of another of His wondrous creations---hedgebushes.  Hedgebushes are surely a good thing!

To God be the Glory!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment