Jesus Says

"...If God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you." John 12:28 NLT
Let us get up early and go to the vineyards to see if the grapevines have budded, if the blossoms have opened, and if the pomegranates have bloomed. There I will give you my love. Songs of Songs 6:12 NLT

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Getting Up Early

For several weeks now I've been getting up early. This morning I was awakened by thunder around 4:45 a.m. My first thoughts were of You, my Lord and my God. Sweet Jesus, only You can awaken me feeling refreshed after only four hours sleep. Did I mention I went to bed at 1:00 a.m? This is very strange to me as I normally require at least eight hours sleep.

The house is quiet at this time. Lord, I believe this must be an answered prayer. Michael C. and I are now sharing our home with our two adult daughters. While this blesses my heart it doesn't leave much room for quiet time or a quiet place. Rising and shining at 4:00 a.m. provides the quiet time I need to be with You.

Mark 1:35 in the New Testament says, "Before daybreak the next morning, Jesus got up and went out to an isolated place to pray." Lord, you needed quiet time with the Father just as I do. Thank you sweet Holy Spirit God for stirring this need in my soul. I love you, Lord. Or as Beth Moore shared, "I love you, too, Lord." Because, after all, You did love me first.

To God Be the Glory! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment